What’s the cost to attend? If you’ve purchased a Puppy Wellness Package from Kitty Hawk Animal Hospital, this class is included! If not, the cost is $10 per person and $5 per additional family member.
Upcoming Puppy Parent Fundamentals Classes:
Register today! Email Melinda at [email protected]
Who should come to “Puppy Parent Fundamentals”?
Those who are thinking about getting a puppy, have just brought a new puppy home, or have a dog less than 1 year of age.
We’re going to go from head to toe on your dog and make sure you’re informed on how to deal with all the basics of raising a puppy.
Here are some questions this class will answer:
- What do I need to think about when deciding to get a puppy?
- What kind of equipment will I need to have?
- What food is appropriate? How much? When do I transition her to adult food?
- Why does my puppy need so many vaccines?
- Should I spay/neuter my puppy and when?
- What are Heartworms and how does my puppy get them?
- Why does my puppy need a de-wormer even if I haven’t seen any worms in the stool?
- Do I really need to brush their teeth?
- What are anal glands?
- How do I help my puppy become less afraid of the world around him?
- When do I start official puppy training classes?