We appreciate that you trust us with the care of your pet(s) while you are away. For the protection, comfort, and health of your pet(s), we put the following policies in place. We will charge the standard fee for any service we provide during your pet(s)’ stay. Thank you for your help and consideration in providing quality care for your pet(s).
By signing below I am acknowledging that:
1. I will ensure my dog(s) has/have current immunizations against Rabies, Distemper, Parvovirus, Bordetella (Kennel cough) and Canine Influenzas (H3N8 & H3N2). I will ensure my cat(s) has/have current immunizations against Rabies and (FVRCP) Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis Calicivirus, Paulukopenia. KHAH also recommends that boarders are current on Feline Leukemia and Feline Aids vaccines. I will inform KHAH if my cat has tested positive for AIDS or Leukemia, and I understand that KHAH will board cats positive for these conditions in a quarantined area.
2. KHAH admits and discharges pets during regular office hours: Monday - Friday 8:00-5:30 and Saturday 8:00-12:00. Check out is at 1:00pm, an additional day of boarding will be charged after 1:00pm.
3. Pet toys, blankets, etc. that make my pet(s) feel more comfortable during their stay could become lost or damaged or possibly discarded for hygiene reasons. I will not bring any item whose loss would upset me or my pet(s). I also understand that KHAH cleans soiled bedding, and at the time of discharge I will make arrangements with employees to retrieve laundered items.
4. KHAH charges a minimum of $5.70 per treatment to administer and track medications, and $3.00 per additional treatment/day. KHAH charges $4.90 per topical medication per treatment. Unless a pet is non-cooperative, KHAH does not charge for administering supplemental medications like heartworm prevention or vitamins.
5. KHAH feeds their guests Hill’s Science Diet, Sensitive Stomach Adult Formula. If my pet(s) require(s) a special diet, I will provide the food along with feeding instructions.
6. If KHAH finds my pet(s) has/have fleas or ticks, the staff will treat the condition and charge me appropriately.
7. Before releasing them, KHAH bathes all dogs that stay 3 nights or longer, free of charge. When I inform KHAH of my return time, the staff will do everything possible to accommodate providing a complete bath within the schedule.
8. Some pets find boarding especially stressful. Stress symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, sore throat, or diarrhea may occur. KHAH seeks to prevent such occurrences, but even with the best of care, these symptoms may develop. I will inform KHAH if my pet(s) has/have a previous history of “boarding illness”, stress diarrhea, or other illness associated with boarding. I understand that KHAH will call me if they determine treatment is needed and discuss the plan.
9. I may purchase playtime sessions for my pet(s) at $6.40 for each session. For this payment, my pet(s) will receive individual, one-on-one playtime with a staff member for 10 minutes per session.
10. In the event my pet(s) require(s) medical attention, I authorize the staff of Kitty Hawk Animal Hospital to proceed with reasonable procedures, and I accept financial responsibility for those procedures deemed necessary.
11. KHAH will assess an Advanced Care fee of $6.40 per day for pets whose excessive indoor urination and defecation habits become a hygiene issue. The fee covers extra exercising, bathing, kennel cleaning, and laundry costs.
12. For Holiday Boarding only: KHAH requires a $50 deposit at the time I make a holiday reservation, in order to “hold” my booked accommodation. KHAH will apply the $50 toward my boarding fees when I keep the reservation. If I need to cancel my reservation, I will call at least 72 hours in advance, and KHAH will refund or credit the $50 deposit… if the pet(s) do not show up for the scheduled day (no show) then KHAH will keep the deposit.
13. I understand that I must pay all charges, including boarding costs, at the time I pick up my pet(s). I also understand that I am required to notify KHAH of any changes regarding pick-up dates within 24 hours of original scheduled pick up. If I leave my pet(s) with KHAH beyond the scheduled pick-up date, and I have failed to notify KHAH within a 10- day period, I have abandoned the pet(s) per Texas Occupations Code 801.357 and the pet(s) become the property of KHAH. I am not relieved from paying for all costs of services and use of hospital, including the cost of boarding.